[asia-apec 1107] Re: Final Report/contacts for June 18th

PAN Asia Pacific panap at panap.po.my
Tue May 4 11:56:19 JST 1999

Dear Mark,

The sum listed was for Malaysian ringgit.  It was only an
approximation because i wasn't sure wht the actual amount was.  RM
10,000 is about 1,500 pounds.

about june 18.  i'm sure the low response has little to do with
concerns about imperialism.  actually, the asia-apec listserv tends
to generate very little debate.  people post to it, but few people
ever respond.  it's a real problem.  i think part of the reason is
that it's fairly big and has tended to operate primarily as an
information list for people's assembly events.  but, at our last
meeting of the malaysian working committee, we discussed june 18
and we're trying to organise something for it-- most likely a forum
on the wto agriculture agreement.

glad you liked the report.

kind regards,

devlin