[asia-apec 543] Job Opportunity

ALARM (APEC Labour Rights Monitor) alarm at HK.Super.NET
Wed Aug 5 08:58:36 JST 1998

Dear Friends: As our current editor is leaving Hong Kong, we are looking
for someone to fill the position of editor/publications officer. We would
very much appreciate it if you would pass on this message on to anyone who
might be interested.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Job Opportunity at Asia Monitor Resource Center in Hong Kong

AMRC is an independent non-governmental organization which focuses on Asian
labor concerns. The center provides information, research, publishing,
training, labor networking and related services to labor groups, trade
unions and other development NGOs in the region. It has been based in Hong
Kong for over 20 years.

Publications Coordinator/Editor:
AMRC is seeking an individual to fill the full time, program staff level
position to be responsible for writing, planning and editing AMRC's
publications, including the quarterly Asian Labor Update and other
occasional papers and publications.

Requirements:  We are looking for an individual who is committed to the
goals of AMRC with strong English writing skills, a strong foundation in
labor related issues, experience in working with non-governmental
organizations, labor groups, trade unions or other development groups as
well as journalism and computer skills. Experience working in Asia and
Asian language ability preferred.

If you are interested in this position, or would like more information
about AMRC, please send a cover letter and resume by August 31 to Apo
Leong, Director, Asia Monitor Resource Center, 444 Nathan Road, 8-B,
Kowloon, Hong Kong; fax: 852-2385-5319; tel: 852-2332-1346; email:
amrc at hk.super.net.