[asia-apec 544] Asian Migrant Yearbook 1998: Now Available

AMC amc at HK.Super.NET
Wed Aug 5 20:59:52 JST 1998

4 August 98

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for the enthusiastic response (over 50 requests) for our
report on the impact of the Asian crisis on migrant workers (if, for any
reason, we missed to e-mail the report to you or you can't open it, please
inform us).

We are happy to announce that the Asian Migrant Yearbook 1998 (AMY 98),
which contains that report, plus the most updated reports on the situation
of migrant workers in 16 Asian countries, is now available.

If you are interested to subscribe here are the details:
* dimensions: 20 cm. x 27 cm., 160 pages; with some full-color maps and photos
* commercial price (includes airmail postage): US$55 (outside Asia); US$40
(Asia)
* 50% discount for non-profit groups/advocates (i.e. US$ 27 and US$20,
respectively)
* complimentary copy for grassroots migrant organisations and AMC partners
* this is a 1-year subscription (June 1998-June 1999) which includes AMY
98, and other publications that AMC releases during the year (e.g. poster,
pamphlet, monograph).

If you want to order, please confirm by replying to this email (sorry, we
don't have an on-line order form), and please give us your mailing address.
We will then airmail a copy to you (takes about 5-7 days). You can pay us
by US$ cheque payable to "Asian Migrant Centre Ltd.", or remit through our
US$ account (the remittance details are in the inside front cover of the
yearbook).

We welcome comments, suggestions, feedback on AMY98. We are now also
preparing the next issue (AMY 99) which will come out in June 1999.
Contributions, information, reports and photos are welcome.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rex Varona
Executive Director
Asian Migrant Centre
4 Jordan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2312-0031   Fax: (852) 2992-0111