[sustran] Support Congestion Pricing in NYC!

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.eu
Sat Feb 9 19:15:19 JST 2008

This came to me from Straphangers Campaign in NYC (see their link below).

NYC could probably rival if not top London as the highest profile city
with congestion pricing, so, just as a good practice example - and there
are many other reasons - it is clear to me that it is important for
people from outside the NYC area to support congestion pricing there.
(Just please make sure you make it clear if you are not from NY)

To the pre-written letter, I am going to edit in some stuff about how
ripe many parts of NYC are for improving walking conditions even further
(e.g. with carfree areas) and perhaps something about how NYC itself has
a larger population than the country I live in - CZ - which puts the
programme in perspective.

- T

****

Dear Rider,

After months of research, community hearings and deliberation, the
independent traffic commission created by the state legislature has
proposed an answer to our overcrowded buses, subways and roads. Their
modified congestion pricing plan now goes to Albany for approval.

We urge you to tell your state legislators to pass congestion
pricing.  It will raise hundreds of millions for transit improvements
for New York City. You can send a message by going to:
http://www.campaignforNewYork.org

There's no time to waste! Tell Albany to support this sensible,
effective fix to New York's traffic and transit dilemma.

It's estimated that one million new residents will move to New York
City by 2030. Let's make sure our roads and mass transit systems are
ready.

Sincerely,

Gene Russianoff

==============================
NYPIRG Straphangers Campaign
One Click to a Better Commute - http://www.straphangers.org

You are subscribed as: edelman at greenidea.eu

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory

Korunni 72
CZ-10100 Praha 10
Czech Republic

Skype: toddedelman
++420 605 915 970
++420 222 517 832

edelman at greenidea.eu
http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
www.worldcarfree.net

CAR is over. If you WANT it.