[sustran] PSB - Public Shared City Bicycles in Sustran region

eric.britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Feb 9 20:47:59 JST 2008

Dear Sustran friends,

Please forgive me this impersonal note, but I hope that you will find it
sufficiently interesting to justify the fact that I have not put it into a
personal letter since it is an outreach for information on transport in the
region and time presses.  Let's get on with it.

There is an important and fast growing phenomenon when it comes to new ideas
for transport in cities, called public or city bikes. Once we spotted it as
a high growth phenomenon with real potential for wide spread development, we
decided to spend a couple of years doing what we can to stimulate and
support these kinds of projects in cities around the world, because we
consider them not only good ideas in themselves but because we see them as
true weapons to more toward move sustainable cities and a more sustainable
planet. We think of it as a kind of micro "Kyoto Protocol" which no one will
argue against, but just decide to get on with it, and if they do because
it's a great thing to do for their city. And the planet.

The full background on our project can be seen if you click to
http://www.citybike.newmobility.org  so I will not take any more of your
time with this, other than to point you to the attached note should you be
interested to know more about our broader sustainability interests and work
intentions for the year ahead.

My question to you is this: Are there cities, projects, people, groups who
are active in or knowledgable about similar projects, plans or discussions
in the region? If you know them, it would be very kind indeed if you could
drop me a line so that we can follow up. And if you wish to be kept in the
loop on this in the future, please let me know and I will copy my
correspondence on it to you as well.

With kind thanks and all good wishes,

Eric Britton

New Mobility Partnerships

Europe:   8/10 rue Joseph Bara,     75006 Paris,  France.    T:  +331 4326
1323

USA:        9440 Readcrest Dr.  Los Angeles, CA  90210.      T: +1 310
601-8468

E.  <mailto:eric.britton at newmobility.org> eric.britton at newmobility.org. E2.
fekbritton at gmail.com Skype: newmobility

The Commons: A wide open, world-wide open society forum concerned with
improving our understanding and control of technology as it impacts on
people in our daily lives. Seeking out and pioneering new transformational
concepts for concerned citizens, activists, community groups, entrepreneurs
and business. Supporting local government as that closest to the people and
the problems. Increasing the uncomfort zone for hesitant administrators and
politicians.  And through our long term world-wide collaborative efforts,
energy and personal choices, placing them and ourselves firmly on the path
to a more sustainable and more just world. (For more go to
<http://www.2008.ecoplan.org/> www.2008.ecoplan.org )