[sustran] Re: Small surprises. Getting messages across - Think about this

Prof J G Krishnayya sri at giaspn01.vsnl.net.in
Mon Jan 1 21:03:03 JST 2007

Dear Eric,

What a nice way to start out the New Year!  Many thanks, and may 2007 be
another Breakthrough year for you and for all of us in Sustran!!

I went over to the site, and took a look especially at Brainfood.  It
was most ingenious how you have incorporated YouTube into the site in a
totally seamless manner. How you have made each video short enough to be
seen in snatches, and also how you have sequenced the videos (for
automatic display) in each department.   I was particularly interested
in the BRT series, and would like to say that the first one – about
Curitiba, Bogota and Brisbane was just excellent.  However, I was less
pleased with the lengthy Eindhoven video which appeared really to be too
much of a PR job – even though the technology described was impressive.

What intrigued me was the comment from Brisbane that BRT could be built
in “just” three years, allowing for all the detailed planning and
coordination with Police, Roads, Transportation authorities, with very
strong Political support.  Ironically, Pune city has proved that it can
be done – once and for all – in 6 months, in a manner that will most
probably kill off BRT and bring on Rail instead!!

Thanks for creating an excellent site, for making full use of available
(free) technology, and for your interesting introduction videos.

Sincerely,

J G Krishnayya
Prof J G Krishnayya
Director, Systems Research Institute,