[sustran] FW: WB vacancies: Transport Economic Adviser, Highway Adviser

Paul Barter geobpa at nus.edu.sg
Thu Mar 14 10:41:39 JST 2002

[This is a forwarded message ... Please do not respond to me or to the list
about this.
Paul]
--------------

Dear Madame/Sir,

The World Bank's Central Recruitment Department is completing an
international, external assignment to identify suitable candidates for the
Washington, D.C. -based positions in the Transport and Urban Development
Department:

                            ECONOMIC ADVISER, TRANSPORT

The Economic Adviser will provide leadership in formulating sector strategy,
raising the awareness of the importance of the role of transport
infrastructure in social and economic development, raising the quality of
transport economic activities in the Bank, and providing training for
transport economics and policy for Bank staff.

                                  HIGHWAY ADVISER

The Highway Adviser will provide leadership in formulating sector strategy
for roads and highways, including: developing greater awareness of the key
role of roads and highways in social and economic development, defining the
appropriate roles of the public and private sector (as well as civil society
and community groups), raising the quality of bank financed activities, and
developing appropriate training courses in road and highway subjects for
both Bank staff and our clients.

We are confident that these are senior and challenging opportunities, and as
such we would like to bring these positions to the attention of as many
professionals as possible. Therefore we would appreciate any suggestions you
may have concerning either individuals or organizations you think we should
inform of these vacancies. The relevant position descriptions are attached
below for reference.

(See http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/UTSG/worldbank1.doc  for Economic
Adviser, Transport.) (See
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/UTSG/worldbank2.doc  for Highway Adviser.)

Applicants should send their CV before March 29, 2002 to:
ramorosino at worldbank.org

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need additional information.

Best regards,
Roberto Amorosino
The World Bank, Recruitment
Via Labicana, 110