[sustran] Re: World Bank loan for MUTP

varghese at krec.ernet.in varghese at krec.ernet.in
Wed Mar 20 14:07:20 JST 2002

Dear Mrs. Bina CBalakrishnan,

On 20th march 2002, Bina wrote (only a part of the mail is referred to
here).

> Dear George,
>  However, when I said that Mumbai as a city is barely functional,
> I should have clearly specified that I meant the transport
> scenario. As a transport professional, and being a discussion on
> the transport system, I made the mistake of taking it as
> understood.

Please note that economic development of a city is highly
dependent on basic infrastructure provided which includes  transport
facilities. It is just not possible to  isolate the transport
scenario in Mumbai and say that it is 'barely functional'. "Transport
professionals" would be aware of this.

varghese