[sustran] Re: World Bank loan for MUTP

Paul Barter geobpa at nus.edu.sg
Thu Mar 14 11:03:46 JST 2002

Dear sustran-discussers

I do not want to discourage further forthright exchanges of views in this
very interesting debate about Mumbai. I am learning a great deal about a
fascinating city.

However I would like to strongly discourage any further ad hominem arguments
such as this one:

>             Should the  email from Bina be considered as  a
> 'Self Advertisement Campaign' or is it realy borne out of a
> genuine concern for Mumbai Transport Scenario?....  Or, is it
> aimed at providing  publicity to  NeTrA?...

I hope you will take my comment here as a constructive effort to keep the
discussions civil. Any breaches so far, including the one mentioned above,
have been minor but as list manager I feel a duty to hop in quickly in such
cases.

Please let us all continue to discuss the issues themselves. Whatever any of
our motivations may be for participating in this forum, our arguments must
stand or fall on the evidence, regardless of who is making the argument or
our speculations on why.

We are fortunate that sustran-discuss has been relatively free of the "flame
wars" (abusive exchanges) that plague some discussion lists. Let's try to
keep it that way.

All the best,
Paul
Sustran-discuss list manager