[asia-apec 783] FW: U.S. AID TO RUSSIA: WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG

Arno Mong Daastøl arnomd at online.no
Sat Oct 10 17:55:52 JST 1998

Here is a very recent and very IMPORTANT testimony for the US Congress
Committee on International Relations, that I received from Wendell Solomons
solomons at slt.lk
Since it is too large to send to the mailing lists (I tried and failed):
This is the link:
http://www.house.gov/international_relations/full/ws917982.htm

I also took the liberty of posting it on my site:
http://daastol.com/wedel.html
I hope the author will forgive me (She has been informed).

Greetings!
Arno
arno at daastol.com
http://daastol.com

Wendell's introductory text:

"I am sending you as an attachment the Dr Janine Wedel testimony to a
Congress committee.
The question is how around 12 people got their hands on $ 4 billion in aid
money from Britain, Germany, Japan, USA, and painted themselves as "young
reformers", unsupervised by the convening US government."

U.S. AID TO RUSSIA:
WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG
Testimony before the
Committee on International Relations
U.S. House of Representatives
by
Janine R. Wedel
Associate Research Professor,
Department of Anthropology; and Research Fellow,
Institute for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies
The George Washington University