[asia-apec 762] Taking Your Breath Away

Alex Boston xboston at davidsuzuki.org
Tue Oct 6 20:07:47 JST 1998

Please forward -- apologies if you receive this more than once.

16 000 Canadians die every year from air pollution!  Global warming will
increase this human toll. Industry and government policies and practices
are increasing our dependence on oil, coal and gas -- the primary source of
both these problems.  Climate change is the greatest threat to humanity in
the modern era.

Explore the threats, solutions, and opportunities for action.

PUBLIC FORUM

TAKING YOUR BREATH AWAY
CLIMATE CHANGE, AIR POLLUTION & HUMAN HEALTH

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 7 PM
JUDGE WHITE THEATRE, ROBSON SQUARE, VANCOUVER

Featuring top Canadian health experts, the BC Medical Association and David
Suzuki Foundation Executive Director Jim Fulton.

With the federal government working to weaken its international commitment,
it is crucial to force it and the fossil fuel industry to make deep
emission cuts here in Canada to protect our health today and for future
generations.