[sustran] Other forum suggestions please (final sustran-discuss thread)

Paul Barter paulbarter at reinventingtransport.org
Tue Sep 17 13:10:54 JST 2019

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words.

I half expected that almost no-one would notice my announcement. So it is
encouraging that there are still people out there getting these messages.

Let's postpone the end for a few more days and have a final discussion to
suggest alternative forums.

*What internet places have good information, active discussion AND are
focused mainly on improving urban transport across a wide range of
countries, including the Global South? *

Here are some suggestions from me:

*On Facebook: *

The World Streets Global South group set up by our member Eric Britton:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldstreets/ The idea was to have
something like sustran-discuss on FB but it didn't (yet) take-off. It has
only 103 members for now. But maybe we could breathe some life into it?

The SUTP Group (by GIZ's Sustainable Urban Transport Project):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sutpasia/ with 3,238 members.

The Transportation Planning and Analysis group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/transport.planning/ with 2,841 members.

*LinkedIn:*

Does anyone find any LinkedIn groups useful?

*Twitter: *
Doesn't have groups but it is useful to follow the usual suspects there. I
am @PaulABarter for example. You would probably like many of the people
whose tweets I retweet or like or follow.

Do you second (or disagree with) these suggestions or have others of your
own? What have I missed? Are there blog or magazine sites with high quality
comments threads for example?

Paul

Paul Barter
Research, policy analysis, writing, podcasting and training on urban
transport and parking
https://www.reinventingtransport.org/p/about-paul-barter.html