[sustran] Re: Litman on "The Future ain't What It Used To Be"

Todd Alexander Litman litman at vtpi.org
Wed Dec 29 08:28:05 JST 2004

Dear Eric,

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the feedback.

Although I agree with everything you say, I an not incorporating all of
your specific comments because I want this paper to have a focused and
academic tone, and so I'm avoiding most subjective comments.

I have, however, added some new sections, including a discussion of the
differences between growth and development, and a discussion of
counter-arguments and some of the errors made by proponents of automobile
travel growth. The revised version is now on the website
at  http://www.vtpi.org/future.pdf.

I also added discussion in the conclusions section about the implications
for developing countries.

Please let me know if you have more comments or suggestions.

Best wishes,
-Todd Litman

Sincerely,
Todd Litman, Director