[asia-apec 1800] As We Grieve Let's Not Forget That Violence Begets More Violence

Anuradha Mittal amittal at foodfirst.org
Thu Sep 13 08:24:42 JST 2001

Food First/The Institute for Food and Development
Policy extends deepest condolences to those who
lost family and loved ones in the terrible events
of yesterday, and condemns the use of violence
against innocent civilians.

We want to remind ourselves and the national leaders,
that retaliation with violence will only beget more
violence. As we mourn, we urge everyone to
remember that scapegoating a community, will only
lead to more hatred and prejudice. We must not
unleash violence on certain communities inside or
outside of the USA to seek revenge for acts of few.

As a social justice group, working for human rights
around the world, Food First pledges renewed efforts
to work towards peace, social and economic justice
around the world. This is the only way to heal and
end this cycle of mindless acts of violence.

Join the fight against hunger. For more information contact foodfirst at foodfirst.org.