[asia-apec 1807] Debate on Free Trade and Trade Promotion Authority for the President on

Anuradha Mittal amittal at foodfirst.org
Thu Oct 11 09:16:16 JST 2001

Food First's Co Director, Anuradha Mittal will debate
Daniel Griswald, Associate Director of Trade Policy at
the Cato Institute. on Forum, San Francisco's KQED radio
show tomorrow, Thursday, October 11 at 9 a.m.

The Bush administration is trying to push through the
Fast Track legislation, now known as the Trade Promotion
Authority as a way to counter terrorism. Please tune
in to this call in show.

If you are not in the Bay Area, listen to it on the web at:
http://www.kqed.org/streamingfiles/kqed_real.ram
Or
http://www.kqed.org/streamingfiles/kqed_wpm.asx

Also, check out Anuradha's op-ed on Countering
Terrorism with Trade? at http://www.alternet.org

or see it on Food First's web site at
http://www.foodfirst.org/media/news/2001/terrorwithtrade.html

For more information, to order Food First Books,or to join our member-supported organization, go to:
http://www.foodfirst.org.
Or send your tax-deductible check to:
Food First, 398 60th St. Oakland, CA 94618