[asia-apec 1782] Food First Books: Call For Manuscripts

Anuradha Mittal amittal at foodfirst.org
Sat Jul 7 06:23:49 JST 2001

PLEASE POST

Food First Books

Call for Manuscripts

Since its inception in 1975, Food First Books has been committed to a
vigorous publishing program for social justice. Many of our books are
considered classics, and have been well-reviewed in both the academic
and general press. Some of our well-known titles include Food First:
Beyond the Myth of Scarcity, World Hunger: Twelve Myths, and Basta! Land
and the Zapatista Rebellion in Chiapas.

We are now reaching out for new authors and new manuscripts on the
following subjects:

o our global food system
o alternative food systems
o hunger
o economic and social human rights
o economic globalization
o movements for social justice
o poverty in America and abroad
o rural development
o biodiversity, biopiracy, genetic engineering, patenting of life
o environmental justice
o etc.

Food First books are activist and/or college-oriented, well-researched
and documented, written in an active voice, mobilizing, and committed to
confronting pervasive myths about hunger, poverty, and environmental
decline.  We can do something to build a better world and our readers
want to know how.  Our authors are experts in their given fields of
study and present their knowledge in forms that appeal to both the
academic and the general reader.

At this time we are issuing a special call for completed manuscripts or
full first drafts.  Authors should send us sample chapters, table of
contents, curriculum vitae, and a cover letter describing the author's
expertise, the purpose of the book, it's target audiences, and how it
compares to similar titles on the market or coming out.

If you know colleagues who are finishing manuscripts that might be
appropriate for Food First Books, please pass them this announcement.

We make very good books and support them with our marketing efforts and
the help of our national distributor, LPC Group. For more information
contact:
Sal Glynn
Managing Editor
Food First Books