[asia-apec 907] Workers Rights are Human Rights, Prostitutes Collective

ALARM (APEC Labour Rights Monitor) alarm at HK.Super.NET
Sun Nov 22 06:45:10 JST 1998

-------------------------------------------Dear friends,

Following is a message from our friends in Cambodia (CWDA) re: their
campaign among sex workers. If you know of any groups working on the same
issue or have any materials/papers, please forward it thru
alarm at hk.super.net or cwda at bigpond.com.kh.

In solidarity,
Bong

----------
> From: CWDA <cwda at bigpond.com.kh>
> To: ALARM (APEC Labour Rights Monitor) <alarm at HK.Super.NET>
> Subject: Re: Workres Rights are Human Rights, Prostitutes Collective
> Date: 20 November 1998 20:10
>
> Dear Bong
>
> I just received your message regarding the Human Rights campaign;  So I
> will take this opprtunity to let you know that here in Cambodia we have
> launched a campaign amongst the Sex Workers to commence the process of
> implementing a Prostitutes Union.  So far the response is great among the
> sex workers.  The situation is very difficult in Cambodia for sex workers
> because their status is not recognised by the government; and of course
it
> is in the interest of the international NGO's who are christian or
> moralistic about this issue to prevent us from doing our work.
>
> I guess what I would like is for contacts around the world preferably in
> Asia who are doing similar work.  In addition i was wondering if your
group
> could forward relevant literature; both academic and report fashion to
> assist us with our struggles.
>

> Your comrade from Cambodia
>
> Rosanna Barbero.

ALARM Project, c/o AMRC