[asia-apec 952] TIAN CHUA FREED!: 5 Dec 1998 (fwd)

PAN Asia Pacific panap at panap.po.my
Mon Dec 7 11:38:08 JST 1998

FORWARDED MAIL -------
From: wkpeng at pc.jaring.my
Date: 05 Dec 98
Originally To: sttm at rocketmail.com

TIAN CHUA FREED!: 5 Dec 1998

Tian Chua was freed today on police bail  as the AG Chambers
have yet to consider charges against him. This means that he may be
charged at a later date. He will be reporting to the Petaling Jaya
Police HQ on Dec 19th, to find out if he will be charged.

We would like to thank all the friends and well-wishers who had been
"vigil-ing"  and singing outside the police station in the last 2
weeks.

We would especially like to thank all our friends from various human
rights and trade unions who had responded intensively to our urgent
appeal. Your faxes and demos have made a tremendous impact in favour
of Tian's cases.

We will update you further as soon as there are any developments.

 SUARA RAKYAT MALAYSIA (SUARAM)

struggling for human rights in Malaysia

add:    11, Jalan 1A/71E, Jalan Carey,

        46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia