[asia-apec 120] Discussion group on NGO organising around APEC

henry_leveson-gower at mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au henry_leveson-gower at mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au
Sat Sep 21 07:58:06 JST 1996

     Dear fellow list members

     I am a post graduate at the Australian National University and am
     currently doing research into NGO organising and campaigning around
     international economic organisations.  I am interested in the
     theoretical basis for and practicalities of such action and am looking
     at NGO action around APEC as a case in point.

     I was wondering if any members of the list would be interested in
     joining an email discussion group on this topic so we can share ideas.
     We could discuss such issues as:

          1) Key aims of organising and campaigning around APEC;
          2) Major challenges of working regionally on APEC issues;
          3) Means that have been or should be used to attempt to overcome
             the above challenges.

          If you are interested, you could send me a message and I will
     then create a list for this discussion.  This should be confidential
     and the sources of ideas used by discussion members should not be
     disclosed.  The facilitator of the asia-pacific list has suggested
     that we could post some of the discussion to the main list in order to
     stimulate discussion on that list if we were happy to do that.

     I look forward to hearing from you.

          Best regards

          Henry Leveson-Gower
          National Centre for Development Studies
          Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies
          The Australian National University
          Canberra ACT 0200  AUSTRALIA
          Tel: 61 (0)6 274 1449 Fax: 61 (0)6 274 1878
          Email: Hleveson-gower at dest.gov.au