[asia-apec 186] Re: Information about your APEC activities

Lyuba Zarsky lzarsky at nautilus.org
Tue Oct 22 22:27:38 JST 1996

Hi Peter--See attachment "Peter Riggs Memo" for info about APEC. Also
attached is
the Program from our Workshop at the Asia Foundation last Friday; and an
announcement about a new
conference on sustainable development in Manila in November. I reckon it's
probably the one that will
be closest to my general APEC orientation. I have been asked to speak at the
opening plenary
and have accepted. If possible, I will then not go to Cebu. The susdev
conference is, thankfully, in
Quezon City. Let me know if you'd like me to send more info. Your best bet
would be to get in touch
with CADI/Nicky Perlas directly.

On the APEC activities, we are scrambling hard to find financial support for
our 1997-1998
program. Any help would, as always, be deeply appreciated and gratefully
received.

We had a great Workshop last week. I think it has helped to set a common
foundation
for many stakeholders. Sorry you couldn't make it.
All the best,
Lyuba