[sustran] Unconfusing the World Transport and other YohooGroups and social media

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Oct 24 22:46:35 JST 2012

Unconfusing the World Transport and other YahooGroups Fora in our New
Mobility family of projects and sites. Let's try this in three crisp parts:

World Transport Forum:
has been in operation since February 1999 and presently serves some 274
international subscribers.
·        It is intended specifically to support the Journal of World
Transport Policy and Practice, and in particular to work in close tandem
with the original Eco-Logica
<http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/worldtransport.html>  publication site at
http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/worldtransport.htmland the new WTPP Archives
<http://worldtransportjournal.wordpress.com/>  that is just now opening at
http://worldtransportjournal.wordpress.com/.
<http://worldtransportjournal.wordpress.com/>
·        The YahooGroups Forum
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldTransport>  is intended for those who
read, wish to follow and contribute to the Journal. We try to keep the
mailings tightly focused to the interests of this group.
·        These Fora have the advantage of offering an fully searchable
information base of messages and information shared over the years (unlike
the more ephemeral Facebook and, above all, Twitter).
·        For those who enjoy Facebook there is a parallel Facebook support
page
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Transport-Policy-Practice/3006648467012
99>  at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Transport-Policy-Practice/30066484670129
9

World Streets and the New Mobility Café:
July 1999 and presently supports some 253 subscribers.
·        The Café is the main conversation and exchange point in support of
World Streets <http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/>  and all our
collaborative work in the broad areas of the New Mobility Agenda more
broadly.
·        World Streets also maintains its own Facebook site at
http://www.facebook.com/worldstreets

Other Focus Groups:
We also maintain a collection of other more specialized fora and social
media sites, focusing on developments and exchanges in such areas as
1.      Carsharing <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldCarShare/>
members. Also on line at http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldcarshare/
members. Also http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldcitybike/
with more than 14,000 ,messages our most lively discussion group.  Also
http://www.facebook.com/groups/landcafe/
also http://www.facebook.com/WorldCarFreeCafe
5.      Sustran Global South Network
<mailto:sustran-discuss at list.jca.apc.org> . In addition we feed in
information and ideas on a regular basis to the Sustran Global South Network
<mailto:sustran-discuss at list.jca.apc.org>
(sustran-discuss at list.jca.apc.org).

I hope that this will be reasonably clear and that it will help you to
decide how, if at all, you wish to take advantage of these collaborative
groups. We try very hard to say rigorously on focus and to avoid unnecessary
overlap between these groups and ask that those involved in each try to do
the same.  And yes indeed, if you have ideas and clues for us as to how to
do a better job on all this, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

In the meantime plug into World Streets <http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/>
and the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice
<http://worldtransportjournal.wordpress.com/>  and be part of the leading
edge.

for your free subscription to World Transport quarterly, click--
mailto:subscribe at worldtransportjournal.org - and off we go.

  Francis  Eric Knight-Britton, Managing Director /  Editor
  New Mobility Partnerships  <http://www.newmobility.org/>   | World Streets
<http://www.worldstreets.org/>  |  The Equity/Transport Project
<http://equitytransport.wordpress.com/>
  9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088
0787  | E.  <mailto:eric.britton at ecoplan.org> eric.britton at ecoplan.org   |
S. newmobility
  9440 Readcrest Drive. Los Angeles, CA  90210  |   Tel. +1 213  985 3501  |
eric.britton at newmobility.org  |  Skype: ericbritton