[sustran] Re: I hate it when we quarrel

Paul Barter peebeebarter at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:43:11 JST 2011

I agree with Carlos. The conversation is very interesting and useful I
think. Disagreements are expected. Even very robust disagreement is fine.

But I do worry about 'acid remarks'. In order to be a welcoming and diverse
community, we need a tone that is significantly MORE polite and restrained
than what some of us are used to in academic seminar rooms or around
professional meeting tables. Please try to craft your posts in a way that
would not discourage even a shy person from posting here.

Paul