[sustran] Re: UK High Speed Rail: Going very fast inthe wrongdirection

Lee Schipper schipper at wri.org
Wed Feb 9 13:09:55 JST 2011

This comes a relatively simple question: If you had $US10BN to spend,
how could you enhance transport welfare the most? Probablyt by upgrading
all the passenger corridors in India, leaving more space for freight as
well! Or you could spend it as we propose in California, part of a $40
billion connection between the north and south.

I think I'd vote for the former.