[sustran] Re: UK High Speed Rail: Going very fast inthe wrongdirection

ashok datar datar.ashok at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:48:30 JST 2011

I think it is absoluely sensible to develop low cost medium speed ie.150/
200 km/hr speed using low cost tech to provide high volume coridors which
can offer trains at every 10/15 min - some freight and some passegers
 between major cities not only to compete with air but also highways to save
time and fuel
it can be pro environ/economy long term sustainable alternative.
ashok datar

--
Ashok R.Datar
Mumbai Environmental Social Network