[sustran] Volvo (auto) cuts safety features on India market

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.eu
Sun Aug 14 23:13:00 JST 2011

Foreword:

Even if - like me - you are sceptical about "lane departure warning and
pedestrian detection technology" actually being able to help a lot, what
is clear is that many people are not interested in everything Volvo
offers, BUT want to have their cake and eat it, too, since from the
outside the vehicle will look just as posh as the cars which are
equipped with these things. They could even pretend... or get confused:

I can imagine a subversive anti-urban automobile advert where either a
driver thinks that they are in their family's vehicle which has these
extras, but is mistaken and hits someone..... and of course - from the
opposite side of the windscreen - the mother of a child who runs into
the street, with her thinking "oh, it's okay, that Volvo has that new...
"---- SPLAT!