[sustran] Taiwan carsharing ? + ZipCar Unofficial Commercial

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Sep 25 12:42:26 JST 2009

Have any of you info on a carshare operation or planned project anywhere in
Taiwan? I am here at the moment and talking to people but thus far not a
sign of this in sight. Might I be missing something?

Kind thanks if you can fill us in on this. Why? Well, we think they should
be having a close look at carsharing here. (But of course we think that
people should be looking at carsharing in just about every city on the
planet, so no big surprise there.)

Carsharing: the 21st century's one percent solution answer to the very human
requirement and desire for private mobility. At least for some of the people
some of the time.

Eric Britton

PS. And now my recommendation for what I believe to be the most engaging
(for some) video on carsharing, the ZipCar Unofficial Commercial, by
http://dallaspenn.com/ . Now this may be a bit heavy and strange going if
you are not fully plugged into US culture and its, let us say, franker
variants and language.  But if you are up for it, check it out at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7_Apb_hKU
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7_Apb_hKU&feature=PlayList&p=5112F07EB14FB
ED7&index=2> &feature=PlayList&p=5112F07EB14FBED7&index=2 . The guy (Dallas)
is a genius.  For more of their work check it out at
http://internetscelebrities.com/

PPS. We are starting a World Streets series on Street People, with their
just released video on Street Vendors. Check it out on Monday at
www.worldstreets.org