[sustran] Re: Regional focus for sustran-discuss: Asia or the global South?

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.eu
Mon Jun 8 03:31:00 JST 2009

When people join this List, is there a way to ask them clearly if they
would like to use an anonymous ID, and include a link to e.g. Googlemail?

- T

Jonathan E. D. Richmond wrote:

> I do not think the issue is fear of lack of knowledge but fear of
> punishment.
>
> In many Asian countries there is a taboo about expressing opinions, an
> activity often felt to be reserved for politicians and the most senior
> officers --Jonathan!
>

> On Sat, 6 Jun 2009, Carlosfelipe Pardo wrote:
>
>> Paul and everyone,
>>
>> The discussions on geographical focus and participation are very useful
>> for Sustran. I'll comment briefly on both:
>>
>> - Regarding participation, I think it's lacking due to a bit of shyness
>> from members of the group. I've met with many people when we did various
>> training courses in Asia that would have great ideas and examples on
>> these topics that would be extremely useful for places such as sustran.
>> However, many of these people say they are "silent readers" of
>> sustran. [...]
> SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of people-centred, equitable and sustainable transport with a focus on developing countries (the 'Global South').

Todd Edelman
Green Idea Factory

Urbanstr. 45
D-10967 Berlin
Germany

Skype: toddedelman
Mobile: ++49 0162 814 4081
Home/Office: ++49 030 7554 0001

edelman at greenidea.eu
www.greenidea.eu
www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

CAR is over. If you want it.

"Fort mit der Autostadt und was Neues hingebaut!"
- B. Brecht (with slight modification)