[sustran] EVs: First clarification on impact in cities

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Aug 4 17:49:39 JST 2009

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/SnbzjZQNHSI/AAAAAAAABUk/P0P9xz5t-_8/s
1600-h/ws-pic-glotz-richter.jpg> It is hard to sort out if electric cars are
or are not going to be a force in the move to sustainable transportation and
sustainable cities. The media gives a lot of space to them, but what is the
bottom line? We decided to ask the people closest to these issues to share
their views here. Here is what just came in from a leading planner in Bremen
Germany.

Thanks for asking Eric. We have studied the problem closely here in Bremen
over some years and the following two images summarize our main findings. I
am pleased to share them with the readers of World Streets and invite their
comments and challenges.

--> The full text of this article appears in World
<http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/08/carsharing-in-us-quo-vadis-he
rtz.html>  Streets today at http://WorldStreets.org/
--> To read all Streets articles on carsharing this year click to
http://tinyurl.com/ws-carshare

World
<http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/08/evs-first-clarification-on-im
pact-in.html>  Streets at 8/04/2009 05:56:00 AM