[sustran] Re: R2W and increase in business incomes

Kanthi Kannan kanthikannan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:37:42 JST 2008

Dear all

We in the Right to Walk Foundation are trying to get 'Evidence' that benefit
of sidewalks reach all sections of society. We are trying to get therefore
evidence regarding China and the effect of pedestrianisation there. In our
city the politicians would be against sidewalks because they will get the
traders to go on a strike if we get sidewalks made.

Can any of you help us in this endeavour? We are trying to submit a petition
to the Chief Minister of our State regarding the necessity of having
sidewalks and pedestrian crossings.

Thanks and Warm Regards

Kanthi Kannan

The Right to Walk Foundation