[sustran] Fuel prices worldwide survey

Carlos F. Pardo SUTP Carlos.Pardo at sutp.org
Tue Nov 14 18:42:16 JST 2006

Dear colleagues,

The high price of crude oil continues to be an issue of concern all over the
world. International studies of the effects of oil price rises are being
carried out, but are hampered by the poor quality of the data. GTZ’s Fuel
Price Survey continues to provide the only available summary of developing
countries’ fuel price policies (PDF download:
<http://www.gtz.de/fuelprices> www.gtz.de/fuelprices). Therefore, the
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit GmbH -- German Technical
Cooperation (GTZ) -- with its global network of projects in 135 countries,
regional offices and representations in 64 developing countries, publishes a
bi-annual study on the global fuel sector since 1999.

This year, the international survey of current fuel prices will again be
carried out. We would be happy if you could contribute to the success of
this survey by informing us of the prevailing prices of petrol and diesel
fuel in your country on the survey date of 15 November 2006. New to this
year’s survey is the option of submitting the price data via the online form
( <http://www.sutp.org/fuelprices> www.sutp.org/fuelprices). Basically,
everyone is invited to participate. However, we would appreciate it if you
could log in the prices as applicable in the capital city of your country.
If you are interested in providing us with more diversified data (e.g. for
other cities or specific purposes), please send an email to
<mailto:armin.wagner at gtz.de> armin.wagner at gtz.de. Your email address is
required for verification purposes only.

We should like to thank you in advance for taking part in this year’s price
survey.

In the event of any queries please contact Armin Wagner (
<mailto:armin.wagner at gtz.de> armin.wagner at gtz.de).

Carlos F. Pardo