[sustran] Re: EU laws to put brake on bikers(motorcyclists) BUT BUT BUT

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.info
Tue May 23 04:44:55 JST 2006

Eric wrote:
> In Paris we have � thanks to Mayor Delanoë and his sustainable
transport
> guy Denis Baupin and their team, -- a situation in which bicycles are
> able to circulate on the fat growing and really quite fine indeed new
> BRT lanes, while motorcycles are obliged to stack up with the cars. This
> has several interesting consequences. It gives a related speed edge to
> the cyclist while putting the motorcycles where they belong, in that
> every longer queue with the cars. Moreover, I as a cycling feel a lot
> safer pedaling away in a lane in which not only is there less traffic by
> far, but also I am sharing the lane with trained professional drivers.
> It makes a big difference.

YES! Mayor of Paris is doing great things! And Eric, if you want to remove
the car/motorcycle lane and its stinking, shreaking contents so you can
have more space for cycling... but then the Mayor calls you "utopian"... I
will throw a pie in his face, in order to defend your honour.

Todd Edelman
International Coordinator
On the Train Towards the Future!

Green Idea Factory