[sustran] Re: Bangkok bike parking

Sunny sksunny at gmail.com
Tue May 9 13:20:41 JST 2006

Dear Linda,

I understand from your reply that climate influences the car ridership
in cities like Bangkok. In my opinion climate and wealth are not exactly
the causes for excessive auto dependency, I feel that as you said in
your mail the policies are a factor coupled with the car friendly
infrastructure. Please find enclosed a paper by Peter Newman and Jeff
Kenworthy on the 10 common factor we think are a reason for automobile
dependency but actually these 10 factors are myths.

I fully agree with you on the issue of bribes.

Sunny