[sustran] Re: Metro/rail transfer by lift/elevator in China or ?

John Ernst itdpasia at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 29 11:49:03 JST 2006

I believe the Hong Kong subway (MTA) uses some high-capacity
lifts.  ... and Hong Kong is a good place in general to study lifts
as intra-building transport modes.

best,
John

At 08:30 PM 3/26/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>If anyone knows of any metro to metro or similar transfer stations where
>high capacity lifts/elevators are used, even exclusively (i.e. not just
>for those with reduced mobility) perhaps in China (where of course a
>seemingly unknown(!) amount  of public transport construction is going on)
>or anywhere else please let me know.
>
>Thanks!
>- T

>Todd Edelman
>International Coordinator
>On the Train Towards the Future!
>
>Green Idea Factory
>Laubova 5
>CZ-13000 Praha 3
>
>++420 605 915 970
>
>edelman at greenidea.info
>http://www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain
>
>Green Idea Factory,
>a member of World Carfree Network

John Ernst   -  Director, Asia Region
    ITDP - The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
Promoting environmentally sustainable and equitable transportation worldwide
  Visit http://www.itdp.org