[sustran] Re: Sustainable Transport Textbooks

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.info
Fri Mar 24 03:47:29 JST 2006

Hi Jeff,

A suggestion by me, and joined by Carlos as we both wear our "World
Carfree Network Member hats" is to see whats on offer at:

www.worldcarfree.net/resources

and

www.worldcarfree.net/resources/free.php

I personally recommend:

"Carfree Cities", which among other things has detailed concepts complete
carfree cities with neighborhoods with an connected by a subsurface
transport system with enough capacity for everyone... No "But, but,
but"... just carfree. Many of the ideas are previewed at www.carfree.com

and

"Street Reclaiming" (out of stock now but check to see when it is coming
or go to Amazon, etc)... gets five stars for promoting thinking out of the
box, and beyond "traffic calming".

and from the Freesources page:

"Energy and Equity".

- T