[sustran] Re: Sustainable Transport Textbooks

Sujit Patwardhan sujit at vsnl.com
Fri Mar 24 01:28:37 JST 2006

Dear Jeff,
The recommended books are excellent no doubt, but I'd suggest another, much
closer to home:-
* TAKING STEPS: *<http://www.geocities.com/sustrannet/actionguide/Outline.htm>
* A Community Action Guide to People-Centred, Equitable and Sustainable
Transport* <http://www.geocities.com/sustrannet/actionguide/Outline.htm>
*Written
and compiled by Paul Barter and Tamim Raad
for the Sustainable Transport Action Network for Asia and the Pacific
(the SUSTRAN Network).  ISBN 983-40313-0-0.  March 2000.

*

On 3/23/06, Jeff Casello <jcasello at fes.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I have been asked to teach a course on "sustainable transport" to second
> year university students.  Is anyone aware of a decent textbook in this
> area?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Jeff Casello
>
> Jeffrey Casello
> Assistant Professor of Planning and Civil Engineering
> University of Waterloo ES1 -316
> 200 University Avenue West
> Waterloo, Ontario Canada N2L 3G1
> jcasello at fes.uwaterloo.ca
> 519 888 4567 x7538

> (the 'Global South'). Because of the history of the list, the main focus is
> on urban transport policy in Asia.

Sujit Patwardhan
sujit at vsnl.com
sujitjp at gmail.com