[sustran] Re: Terrorism, Transit and Public Safety

Curtis Johnson cjohnson at citistates.com
Sun Jul 10 01:04:44 JST 2005

Mr. Richmond,

I don't know you and should probably just keep my reaction to myself. But --
I guess I can't help saying that your rather over-the-top response to
Litman's data and text misses his point while laboring to make a separate
one. I don't see the conflict. You're concerned that we pursue more
aggressive interventions that reduce the terror risk in the public realm.
And Todd is trying to spike the usual simplisitic media behavior of implying
that an incident is the same as a trend and that media-covered risks are
inherently more important than those not covered.

You're both right. What a congenial condition that is. Have a safe summer
weekend.

Curtis Johnson