[sustran] Inter-forum collaboration and exchange

EcoPlan, Paris eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Dec 21 15:54:52 JST 2004

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

>From time to time we are led to think about possible better solutions to the
problems that come up when an item of real interest to more than one of our,
after all, quite closely related fora of interest come up: how to ensure
that the messages are being put before those of us who may indeed want to
have access to them.

Our short term fix – which certainly could be improved – is to try to cross
post on a selective basis.  But this has its limits.  Likewise if you do go
to the New Mobility Agenda you will see that we have provided one click
access to the archives of both Sustran and the UTSG, which is already a
useful first step. But again not quite enough.

At this very time, by way of hot example, the current round of discussions
taking place in various dislocated fashions touches on some very interesting
matters such as: Motorcycle use of bus lanes; Principal
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewMobilityCafe/message/518>  Voices: Making
OUR voices heard; shared taxis, the New Mobility 20/20 Emergency Initiative,
and an eventual critical assessment of some of the articles and points that
appear in the just published latest edition of the Journal of World
Transport Policy and Practice. But all this in a far too dispersed manner.

One possible way out is for us to invite you to join the discussions and the
exchanges of the New Mobility Café, which you can reach via
http://newmobility.org and from there click the menus for “Talking New
Mobility/Discussions”.  To get on board, all you have to do is post a quick
message to NewMobilityCafe-subscribe at yahoogroups.com and the rest follows
without delay.  Please note: we do our best to moderate this forum to make
sure that communications are efficient and stay on focus.

There may be a better way to do this.  So I am all ears.

Eric Britton

Convener, The New Mobility Agenda at http://newmobility.org
<http://newmobility.org/>

Free video/voice conferencing at http://newmobilitypartners.org
<http://newmobilitypartners.org/>

The Commons: Open Society Sustainability Initiative at http://ecoplan.org
<http://ecoplan.org/>

Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara          75006 Paris, France

E: postmaster at newmobility.org          T: +331 4326 1323

--- Outgoing mail certified Virus Free.  Checked by Norton Anti-Virus

The Commons Open Society Sustainability Initiative: Seeking out and
supporting new sustainability concepts for business, entrepreneurs,
activists, community groups, and government; a thorn in the side of hesitant
administrators and politicians; and through our joint efforts, energy and
personal choices, placing them and ourselves firmly on the path to a more
sustainable and more just society.