[sustran] The 2002 Taliban World Environment Prize Competition

Eric Britton ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 9 17:28:13 JST 2002

Re: Kathmandu anti-public transport even-odd rule during SAARC’s summit
(oringal annoucment follows below)

Ladies, Gentlemen, Others,

Might we not at Sustran, World Transport and our many extensions not get
together and see if we can cobble together and offer the authors of this
fabulous piece of legislation some high profile international booby
prize?  Let's see, what might we call it?  The 2002 Taliban World
Environment Prize?  (Also known perhaps as the LLEA - “Last Laugh
Environment Award”?)

Okay, there may be something slightly wrong with that title and I am
sure that you all can do better.  But the only way that I can think of
to bring the necessary pressure on this world level sad dumbness --
would be to see if we can laugh them out of it.

Then if it actually works we might even think about institutionalizing
it? We could even present it as an instrument of socio-technical change
to the Johannesburg Summit in September. (And if it actually works,
someone might even nominate it for one of the true international awards
for accomplishment at the Stockholm Partnerships for Sustainable Cities
– www.partnerships.stockholm.se/.)

Could we network this?

Refreshingly yours,

Eric Britton

PS. And your nominations for the 2002 Stockholm Partnerships Awards?

Chair of the Stockholm Partnerships Jury

www.partnerships.stockholm.se/

The Commons __ technology, economy, society__

Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 8096 7879

24 hour Fax/Voicemail hotline: +1 888 677-4866

http://ecoplan.org/   IP Videoconference: 193.251.38.219

Email: ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr   URL  <http://www.ecoplan.org/>
www.ecoplan.org

= = = = =