[sustran] Attack on Humanity

kisan mehta kisansbc at vsnl.com
Thu Sep 13 09:32:30 JST 2001

Dear all.

Our heartfelt sympathies to those who lost their dear ones
and to those injured for no fault of theirs or of the victims.
Terrorism has assumed such a giganmtic proportion that no
body can for certain say as to when and how it will strike
and who would be the victims.

Some countries like India, Sri Lanka. erstwhile parts of the
disintegrated USSR and its former friends  have been facing
and suffering from terrorism and other violence in which
common man loses his life.

The outrage in Washington and New York has exploded the
myth that super interlligence, surveilance or higher strike
capability can protect anybody on this earth.

It sometimes looks like that less than humane activities and
approach to all create tensions that are misdirected to
such extreme acts.   Widening gaps between the rich
and the poor - individuals, family, communities and nations
end up in tensions that become irreconcilable and  then
in showing up in places and situations far away from the
people and policies responsible for creating tensions.

Let us learn from whatever has happened to the mightiest
power this globe has witnessed to develop  a more
humane approach to our fellow human beings. Taking
revenge is not the way out. Deepest sympathies.

Kisan Mehta   mailto:kisansbc at vsnl.com
620 Jame Jamshed Road, Dadar East,
MUMBAI 400 014 India