[sustran] fwd: Traffic Modelling and TDM

SUSTRAN Resource Centre sustran at po.jaring.my
Tue May 9 18:59:04 JST 2000

For the more technically minded, here is another request for information
from another list - the tmip list.
Paul
------------------

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:08:14 +0930
From: "Holyoak, Nicholas Mark - HOLNM001" <NICHOLAS.HOLYOAK at UNISA.EDU.AU>
Subject: Traffic Modelling and TDM.

Dear List Members,

I am looking for an experts on traffic modelling and/or policy making within
the US and throughout Asia to send the following message to. If anyone could
help me by providing any info or contact details then this would be greatly
appreciated.

Currently I am a post-graduate student at the University of South Australia
working towards completing my PhD under Professor Michael Taylor.  My research
is related to urban traffic modelling and travel demand management and I am
currently undertaking a review of International practices.

I would like to report on the types of computer models/modelling procedures
used in the strategic planning process within the US and throughout Asia and
how travel demand management techniques are assessed in the urban
transportation forecasting process.  An example of this may be the computer
simulation of a vehicle tolling strategy and the subsequent effect on the
traffic patterns of a region.

Are you able to assist by informing me about the types of software packages
and/or procedures that you use to assist in policy making (eg. TransCAD,
Paramics, TRIPS or other), and if and how travel demand management measures
are
included in this process?  If you are able to help in any way or are able to
forward this message onto someone more appropriate, then this would be greatly
appreciated and shall assist the progress of my research.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Nicholas Holyoak
PhD Research Student                             ph +61 8 8302 1776
Transport Systems Centre                         fax +61 8 8302 1880
University of South Australia
The City East Campus, North Terrace
Adelaide, SA, 5000
Australia