[sustran] Re: Reducing number of cars on the road

Paula Negron Poblete negronpp at MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Thu Mar 30 01:20:00 JST 2000

I don't agree with the idea that inequalities are compensated with the
price of transit's trips. Let's don't forget that the more the income is
high, the more transport expenditures represent a small part of the
income. Yes, highways are constructed to be used also for carrying
goods, but it's also a fact that when budgets are small, choices have to
be made, and public transport is not always a priority, except if the
autorities want to make big projetcs (like subways, LTR) that can give a
"positive" image.

Paula Negron