[sustran] escap

Institute for Transportation and Development Policy mobility at igc.apc.org
Fri Jan 9 05:30:58 JST 1998

Re: the ESCAP discussion

Might I suggest that the appropriate forum for this work would be the United
Nations NGO Transport Caucus which has some sort of official status at UN
activities, and is co-chaired by Andy Anderson representing the Intl. Union
of Public Transport Associations and ITDP, but is open to any organization
which wants to join.  Andy works for London Transport and has been at the
forefront of most of our UN lobbying efforts.  He was just in Kyoto but was
also at the UNCHS meeting in Florence, the UNECE meeting in Vienna, Habitat
II, etc.  His email is as above.  Currently the Transport Caucus has been
focusing on reforming UNDP and UNCHS as they seemed to do the most actual
transport project implementation and transport technical assistance; perhaps
I'm wrong.  What does ESCAP do, exactly, in the transport field?

Rgds,
Walter Hook
ITDP

	The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP)
	115 West 30th Street,  Suite 1205
	New York, NY 10001
	Tel 212-629 8001, Fax 212-629 8033
	mobility at igc.apc.org