[sustran] Re: road fatalities

Tamim Raad raad at unixg.ubc.ca
Sun Sep 21 15:12:09 JST 1997

Hello all,

A while back Christopher Zegras posted a request for information on road
deaths.  Since I received many individual requests for more details on the
New Scientist article, I will just post the details to all...

The article is:
"Trafficking in Death," New Scientist, Vol 151 No 2047, 14 September 1996

Also in that issue may be a couple of other articles of interest:
- "Wake-up call for world's health"...the WHO estimates that by 2020 road
traffic accidents will become the number 2 public health problem in the
developing world (up from number 11 in 1990).
- "Urban nightmare drives Americans out of control"

Unfortunately, due to the number of requests, I can't really copy it and
mail it to everyone.  However, if there is someone who really needs it and
whose library doesn't carry NS, I will try to do so.

Tamim.