[asia-apec 1736] Fw: Warm Welcome & Unexpected Hospitality

Maq Ras fod346 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 20:43:45 JST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: SRC-A.L.Adv. <psrc at hyd.paknet.com.pk>
To: Lead Cohort-7 World <cohort7 at lead.org>

Friends, There is something that I want to share with you. As you may know
that due to my association with Water related and Human Rights issues and
LEAD I usually travel a lot and participate in a number of Int. Conferences
and Seminars. In this regard during the last two years I have been to USA,
Canada, China, UK, Indonesia, Singapore, South Africa, India, Thailand, Hong
Kong, France, Holland, UAE, Sri Lanka, Belgium and other countries several
times and as usual I met some remarkable personalities and exceptional
hosts. What I observed that most of the time you unexpectedly meet few
individuals who change your whole concept about strangers and host and
neighboring countries and communities.

People like Wolfgang Bosswick of Germany,  Asif Alvi of Amsterdam, Zahid
Makhdoom of Vancouver, Ramesh Kateja, S A Agarkar and Ashok Motani of
Mumbai, Sarwar Bari, Ramachand Bhorani & Javed Soomro of London, Aijaz Mahar
of Islamabad, Larry Lohmann of USA,  Mohan Geehani of Dubai, Linda Hogan of
Leeds, Ali Nawaz Memon, Badar Shaikh, Shahid Iqbal of USA, Najeeb Adam &
Suraya Makhdoom of UK have proved that one can help and support an unknown
stranger without having any intro or wave length purely on human grounds.

We never met before (except few) did not know each other at all and
had just exchange of few messages through lists. But I dont have the words
to explain their warm loving welcome and traditional hospitality. How can it
be possible for a stranger, for a developed world's  citizen to spare so
much time (almost daily) for an unknown person from a remote developing
country-Unbelievable!!!
Though there were few friends who avoided responding my queries about travel
info, but the majority not only attended me, but also helped me in planning
my trips, stays and meetings in different cities and remote conference
centers.  They were really wonderful people and  amazing hosts, in fact they
did a lot more than I expected. I truly think this is a wonderful example
for all of us. Even if we do not know someone personally but we are still
part of the same family.
In fact this is a new and sustainable direction to the use of our
communication network.

Not only those but several other friends and  strangers like  Veena Gokhale
of Ottawa Canada , Prof Gul Agha from USA, Porni Babe of Indonesia, Pravin &
Renu Pania of USA, Deepak Apte of Mumbai, Lesley Stephenson of South Africa,
Asha Chand of UAE, Mona of Pune, Karamat Ali of Karachi, Sunder Thadani,
Nand Javeri, Holaram Hans and Kirat Babani of Bombay, Saghir Sahikh, Shawn
Mahmood, Nadeem Jamali from USA. Dr Sasha Roseneil of UK were those who
invited me and extended their guidance and cooperation and strengthened my
firm belief that we the civil society activists are one big family and this
email communication network is a source of pride and strength to all of us,
and we should stick by each other.
Do you think all of us can make us open to others not only professionally
but on personal level? Knowing so many people in different countries, even
if you dont know them personally is a big opportunity in every sense.

Now I want to reciprocate, if you intend to visit Sindh or  you want
something from Hyderabad feel free to get in touch with me, and do come and
live with my family, I would like to say that if anyone need my help in any
way, I would like to do it as much as I can. If anyone of you plan to come
to Pakistan, I can help you in organizing your trip in the best possible
way. I am sure all of us can do it.

Regards
Ayaz Latif Palijo Advocate

Addr: B-48, Prince Town, Hyderabad, Sindh, Pakistan
Phone: 92-221-651947,651725, Mb: 0303-7212836
Pl. send copy of all urgent messages to: fsr5st at yahoo.com, fsr5st at usa.net