[asia-apec 1757] URGENT-Actions Needed for Quebec FTAA Political Prisoners

APEC Monitoring Group notoapec at clear.net.nz
Wed Apr 25 05:33:37 JST 2001

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 3:32 PM
Subject: URGENT-Actions Needed for Quebec FTAA Political Prisoners

 please post far and wide

 FROM THE VERMONT MOBILIZATION FOR GLOBAL JUSTICE:

 LOCAL, REGIONAL, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ACTION NEEDED

 We urge all concerned people and organizations to immediately call or  fax
the Quebec Minister of Justice, Paul Begin, call 418/528-0483
 fax 418/528-0271

 Demand the release of all the people arrested protesting the Free Trade
Area of Americas during the Summit of the Americas in Quebec
 City, Canada.

 Furthermore, we urge you to contact any Canadian embassy or consulate in
your region or country and the demand the same.

 CASA and the CLAC have created a legal defense fund for the 400 or more
political prisoners now incarcerated in Quebec City.  Bail
 appears to be in the $300 to $500 range and monies are urgently needed.  Go
to this site for details:
 http://www.tao.ca/%7Eclac/funds.html#urge

 Free all those incarcerated in Quebec City!
 Free Jaggi Singh!
 Free all political prisoners!

 Vermont Mobilization for Global Justice
 P.O. Box 604