[asia-apec 1413] CHINA: Email Protest Campaign Against Chicco - Sample Letter

Li Yuk Shing Kevin kevin.li at graduate.hku.hk
Mon Mar 27 20:23:52 JST 2000

This is a petition letter to the Italian toy company - Chicco.  This
company has not compensated to the victim workers and their relatives
who suffered or died in the fire incident happened in Shenzhen Zhili
Factory 6 years ago.  This email campaign is initiated by The Coalition
for the Charter on the Safe Production of Toy (c/o. Hong Kong Christian
Industrial Committee (HKCIC)).  We are seeking your support. Please
follow the instructions to fill in the blanks and mail to artsana at tin.it
if you wish to show your support.

For further information:
The Coalition for the Charter on the Safe Production of Toy
http://members.hknet.com/~hkcic/

The letter is as follow:

=====

by fax, e-mail and/or by post

(Name of your Group/Organization)
(Address of your Group/Organization)
(Date)

Director
Artsana S.p.A./Chicco
Via Saldarini Catelli
No.1, 22070 Grandate
Como, Italy
e-mail: artsana at tin.it

Dear Mr Catelli,

In 1997, your company promised to compensate the victims of the Zhili
Factory Fire happened in Shenzhen in 1993.  However, we are indignant at
the decision of your company to divert the compensation fund to other
unrelated purposes.

As a ……... group/organization in Hong Kong, we ………..
…..(write something about your group/organization to make the company
know your public standing) …..

We strongly demand your company to stop such misuse of the fund, and to
take immediate actions to compensate the Zhili Fire victims already
identified by the Hong Kong Coalition for the Charter on the Safe
Production of Toys, and take all possible official or non-official
measures to look for other victims.

(sign/title/name of your group/organization)

c.c  Mr Fabrizio Goldoni
General Manager
Caben Ltd
9/F TAL Building