[asia-apec 1406] Challenge Grant: Support Food First

Anuradha Mittal amittal at foodfirst.org
Thu Mar 9 05:59:19 JST 2000

SPECIAL ONE-TIME CHANCE TO SUPPORT FOOD FIRST DURING MARCH 2000

Allan Shawn Feinstein Third Annual Matching Challenge Grant

	Food First/The Institute for Food and Development Policy is a leader in
the fight to eliminate the injustices that perpetuate hunger amidst
plenty.

	I know that you support our work, and I want to invite you to
participate in a challenge that will double all donations (all are tax
deductible) we receive during the month of March, 2000.

	Hunger philanthropist Alan Shawn Feinstein has announced a one million
dollar challenge to double every special gift given during March 2000
for the special "March to Fight Hunger" challenge.  Food First is proud
to have been selected to participate.

	Gifts made by California residents will also be matched by Terrence
Caster, who is donating an additional $1 million dollars. For Minnesota
residents, John Lavender is matching gifts with $1 million, and Horace
Kimball Foundation will match $1 million for Rhode Island resident’s
gifts. That’s a total $4 million dollar challenge.

	If you can afford to send a gift in March, it will be matched by Alan
Shawn Feinstein, and others, whatever the amount.  Remember, your
special matching gift must be received in the month of March to count
toward these challenge grants. You can donate by credit card number
either on our web site or by mail (simply send us your card number and
expiration date). Or you can simply write a check made out to Food First
for this challenge grant. This is a chance to double the impact of your
support.

	I want you to know that we sincerely appreciate the support you have
already provided to our work.  If you have friends who would like to
participate, please share this form with them and make sure we get their
name and address so we that can thank them.

	Thank you so much,
	Peter Rosset
	Executive Director

You must include this coupon with your tax deductible gift to qualify
for the matching challenge.

send to:

	Peter Rosset
	Food First/Institute for Food and Development Policy
	398 60th Street
	Oakland, CA 94618

	Ph: 510-654-4400
	Fax: 510-654-4551
	web site www.foodfirst.org
	e-mail: foodfirst at foodfirst.org

MARCH FIGHT AGAINST HUNGER CHALLENGE

[  ] 	Peter,  enclosed is my check as a donation made out to "Food
First" for $________ to be matched by $4 million that has been pledged
by Alan Shawn Feinstein, Terrence Caster, John Lavender and Horace
Kimball Foundation to fight hunger in the U.S.

[  ]    Peter, please charge my []visa []mastercard $__________ as a
donation to Food First to be matched by $4 million that has been pledged