[asia-apec 1526] 25th Anniversary of Food First

Anuradha Mittal amittal at foodfirst.org
Tue Aug 22 03:50:01 JST 2000

Help Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Food First
The Institute for Food and Development Policy

25th ANNIVERSARY/Invitation

You are Cordially Invited to Join Us in Celebrating 25 Years of
Food First's Fight Against Hunger

Monday, September 18, 2000
California Ballroom

(RSVP reply card below, tickets are limited)

Special guest
Vandana Shiva, Director of the Research Foundation
for Science, Technology, and Ecology in New Delhi
Music by Dana Lyons and by Kevin Welch of Vivendo de Pão

1736 Franklin Street
Oakland, California
6:00 PM-10:00 PM
wine & beer/full dinner
(vegetarian & non-vegetarian)/dessert buffet)
street parking available/wheelchair accessible

Honorary Inviting Committee (Partial List)

Nick Allen
Dion S. Aroner
Ed Asner
Harry Belafonte
Medea Benjamin & Kevin Danaher
Virginia Blacklidge, MD
Keith Carson
Noam Chomsky
Joseph Collins
Danny Glover
Claire B. Greensfelder
Adam & Arlie Hochschild
Dolores Huerta
David R. Hunter
John Jeavons
Mollie Katzen
Frances Moore Lappé
Barbara Lee
Eric Leenson
Jerry Mander
Peter Mann
Carole Migden
George Miller
John Momper
Monica Moore
Nancy Nadel
Nancy Pelosi
Carl Pope
Wilson C. Riles, Jr.
Martha B. Russell
Orville Schell
Bill Sokol
Mal Warwick
Alice Waters

Food First Board of Trustees

Angus Wright, President
Miguel Altieri, Vice-President
John Vandermeer, Secretary
Sharon Vosmek, Treasurer
Walden Bello, boona cheema, Claire Cummings, Marianna Edmunds, Carolyn
Mugar, Prexy Nesbitt

RSVP REPLY CARD/tickets are limited

25th Anniversary Dinner
Monday, September 18, 2000, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM
California Ballroom, 1736 Franklin Street, Oakland, California
wine & beer/full dinner/dessert buffet
(Map with directions enclosed)

[ ] Yes, I will attend. I have enclosed $100/person for _____ people.
Please specify [ ] meat [ ] vegetarian.

[ ] I would like to be a 25th Anniversary sponsor.
[ ] $1,000 Friend
[ ] $5,000 Advocate
[ ] $10,000 Educator
[ ] $25,000 Activist
[ ] $50,000 Benefactor

Sponsorship includes four dinners, listing in the program, and a placard
on a table at the event.

Name __________________________________________
Street ___________________________________________

[ ] I cannot attend, but here is my tax-deductible donation of $_____.

[ ] charge my credit card [ ] visa [ ] mastercard

Note: If you attend, all but $40 of your donation is tax deductible.
Please make your check payable to Food First, 398 60th Street, Oakland,
CA 94618. Phone: 510-654-4400. Or visit
<http://www.foodfirst.org/>www.foodfirst.org to order online and for
more information.

Join the fight against hunger. For more information contact foodfirst at foodfirst.org.