[asia-apec 1516] IMC NEWS BLAST

Anuradha Mittal amittal at foodfirst.org
Tue Aug 15 02:37:39 JST 2000

IMC NEWS BLAST | Monday, August 14, 2000

A compilation of breaking stories, photos, video, and audio
from the Independent Media Center on Monday, August 14, 2000.
http://www.indymedia.org

"We are building an international movement.
We are building a movement where there are no leaders,
everyone who participates in the streets of Philadelphia
or in the streets of Los Angeles is a leader who is
taking charge of his or her destiny and the destiny
of this country and the world."
--Anuradha Mittal

Contents
1. Seizing the Historical Moment Anuradha Mittal Interview

IMC FEATURES

SEIZING THE HISTORICAL MOMENT: ANURADHA MITTAL
by Sheri Herndon
In this IMC feature interview, Sheri Herndon brings out the powerful,
movement-oriented vision of Indian activist and Food First co-director,
Anuradha Mittal. The interview  touches on Seattle, structural
adjustment, moral outrage, the media, Chiapas, the role of Youth,
tactics for challenging the system, and much more. An example of the
best kind of written material being published through the IMC.
http://la.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=420

--

Join the fight against hunger. For more information contact foodfirst at foodfirst.org.