[asia-apec 626] Re: Malaysian Government tells APPA to go through proper channels

David E. Ortman deo at igc.org
Tue Sep 8 11:49:03 JST 1998

Regarding the article below, could someone write the Star a correction or
forward this message:

The original APEC Leaders' Meeting took place in 1993  in Seattle, WA (USA)
not in Osaka.   Human rights, labor and environmental NGOs came together at
APEC '93 in Seattle  under the banner, "The Hidden Costs of Free Trade".
NGO representatives requested and obtained a two-hour meeting with the APEC
Secretariart to present concerns directly to APEC.

David E. Ortman
NGO Coordinator (APEC '93)
Seattle, WA